Symantec Data Center Security Server Advanced Unified Management Console (UMC) fails to load or register after update to DCS 6.8 MP2
Instructions to install the hotfix on Data Center Security (DCS) Server Advanced 6.8 MP2 running DCS Server version 220.127.116.116
1) Check the version of the server.exe that was used to install DCS, this hotfix only applies to DCS 18.104.22.1686
2) Download the attached hotfix from this KB
3) Stop the Symantec Data Center Security Server Manager service on all machines you wish to replace the binary.
4) To replace the im-core-22.214.171.1246-v1.jar file in server installation.
5) Start the Symantec Data Center Security Server Manager service and try login to UMC console.
If the issue was during an install or upgrade where DCS UMC failed to register, please start the DCS serverConfigWizard.bat from the Start Menu to resume the install/update.
This is fixed with 6.8 MP2 Update 1, version 126.96.36.1994. We recommend updating to 188.8.131.524 after UMC has registered and is available via the web portal.
This updated version of the full DCS installation ISO is available from the support portal.