When a portlet uses a dynamic query data provider, the configuration of numeric attributes using color display mappings for filtering is not working as expected. The functionality works as expected for Stock and User-defined Portlets using an Object Data Provider and it works for Object Views.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Log in as an administrator user
- Create a user-defined dynamic query that defines some numeric attributes (or use an existing query provided by Clarity or PMO such as the Milestones or Project Manager Schedule Dashboard queries)
- In Administration, Query, Attributes page, edit a metric, numeric attribute. Update the definition of the attribute to define the color mappings. (in the PMO portlets, Use a field such as Days Late, Days Late %, Schedule or Schedule %)
- In Administration, Portlets, List Filter Section [Layout] - add the field and configure the definition to show image (this will allow you to see existing data with different colors)
- In List Filter Section [Fields] - edit the field definition to 'Display Color Pull-Down'
- Make a Note: Also on the List Filter Section Attribute Properties page, there is a field for selecting the Filter Default Value -- If you pull-down the listing, the list is expanded, but you do not see any words to denote the different colors mapped to the attribute
- Publish the portlet if needed or as the end-user, if needed, restore defaults to view the changes in the portlet
- Navigate to the portlet (Home, General, Project Dashboard, Project Manager Schedule Dashboard): see the existing data for different colors of the attribute displayed in the layout
- Use the Filter to select one of the colors showing in the list of data and click 'Filter' button
- AFTER clicking Filter ; no changes in the data rows
- Another filtering attempt on the Schedule% field, AFTER clicking the Filter button ; no changes in data rows
Expected Result: The filtering should return only matching rows for the selected color of this attribute
Actual Result: The filtering spins; it seems to process something, but the number of rows is not changed ; no filtering is accomplished
CLRT-73835 : Resolved in CA PPM 14.2