This documents gives a very high level overview integrating CA Service Desk Manager (C ASDM) 12.9 with CA Open Space 3.0 to use with the CA IT Service Management Mobile App. This document does not provide the needed steps in detail, but is intended to provide the overview needed to get the integration configured easily.
In CA SDM 12.9:
- When running CA SDM configure/pdm_configure, ensure the REST Web Services option is deployed.
- This option will automatically deploy the casdm application on the REST Tomcat of CA SDM. This application is what CA Open Space and/or the CA ITSM app will use.
In CA Open Space 3.0:
- After installing CA Open Space 3.0, follow the steps outlined in the Administration Guide -> CA SDM Mobile Enabler Configuration section.
- You DO NOT have to install RO61737 or RO61738, as those patches are for CA SDM 12.6 only
- INSTALL published Open Space Patch RO67619
- Enable CORS settings following the steps outlined in the Administration Guide -> CA SDM Mobile Enabler Configuration -> Enable CORS settings section.
- Configure any other needed CA Open Space option(s) from the same chapter.
In CA IT Service Management App:
- Install the app on your mobile device from either Google Play or the Apple AppStore.
- Launch the app and provide the URL for either Open Space (i.e. http://OpenSpace.company.com:8686) OR CA SDM REST Tomcat (i.e. http://SDMRest.compay.com:8050 )
- If you use the Open Space URL and you have configured Open Space to integrate with CA SDM, the app will automatically enable the Capabilities like Analyst Queue, Approvals, Requests/Incidents etc., based on your CA Open Space role permissions and configuration settings.
- If you use the CA SDM REST URL, you will e presented with the three (3) capability login screen options where you may have to provide credentials and Save.