ALERT: Some images may not load properly within the Knowledge Base Article. If you see a broken image, please right-click and select 'Open image in a new tab'. We apologize for this inconvenience.
DE54275 - Maileater error/success emails not working when using custom notification method due to missing values in parameters
Article ID: 188111
CA Service Desk ManagerCA Service Desk Manager - Mobile Application
When using a custom notification method for maileater, the parameters are not being sent with the notification method.
It seems that the code in function DoCommand in the PdmMailUtils.class does not deliver the inputs needed for the called process as show in the trace of maileater; for example, the following debug message shows that the -F and -T parameters have no associated values:
Symbol: custom_mail_reply Write to file: No Supports SMTP: Yes Record Status: Active Description: 31791537 Notification Method: C:\PROGRA~2\CA\SERVIC~1\bin\sampleNF1.bat
3. Create a new mailbox rule to process all change orders, sequence #1, as follows:
Sequence: 1 Mailbox: Default Filter: Subject contains Filter String: [ \t\r\n]change[ \t\r\n] Ignore Case: Yes Action: Create/Update Object Action Object: Change Minimum Artifact Type: Reply: custom_mail_reply Reply Subject: Seq1 Service Desk Change Order Response Write to stdlog: No Log Entry Prefix: Add Subject Line: In the "1. REPLY SUCCESS" tab: Success Text: seq 1 Test success 1 Success HTML: seq 1 Test success 2 In the "2. REPLY FAILURE" tab: Failure Text: seq 1 Test Failure 1 Failure HTML: seq 1 Test Failure 2
4. Set the logging for maileater to TRACE level ( instead of INFO )
5. Create a new change order or open an existing change order. Click on Activities in the menu and select "Manual Notify.. ". Enter a contact (i.e. ServiceDesk) and add it to To Recipients column (ensure that the contact has a valid email address set), click Notify.
6. Check the mailbox of the contact to which the email notification was sent in the previous step (i.e. [email protected]). Reply to the email that was received such that it is sent back to the maileater.
7. Check maileater_nxd.log. The following message will have been written:
8. Check the output file, sampleNF1.out, for the sampleNF1.bat command. The parameters received will also show that the value for both the -F and -T parameters is null (i.e. ""). C:\PROGRA~2\CA\SERVIC~1\bin\sampleNF1.bat -s "Seq1 Service Desk Change Order Response" -e "[email protected]" -F "" -T ""
Product defect DE54275
Release : 17.2
Component : SERVICE DESK MANAGER
Reproduced: (customer) 17.2 RU2 on Linux (in-house) 17.2 RU5 Windows
Check the Fix Lists of any rollup patches delivered after 17.2 Rollup #7 (17.2 RU7, 188.8.131.52). In particular, please check 17.2 RU9 (rollup #9, 184.108.40.206).