ALERT: Some images may not load properly within the Knowledge Base Article. If you see a broken image, please right-click and select 'Open image in a new tab'. We apologize for this inconvenience.
New UX fields that are set to required are not displaying an error if blank
Article ID: 188076
Clarity PPM On Premise
Clarity PPM SaaS
- In the New User Experience (UX/UI), fields that are mandatory (with an asterisks (*)) are not popping up an error if they are not filled out.
- Example: On the project properties page, fields are saved without entering values for mandatory fields.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Go to Classic PPM->Administration->Studio->Objects
- Click on the Project object
- Create a new attribute with the following settings:
- Value Required = Checked
- Default value = Blank
- API Attribute ID entered
- Go to the New UX
- Add the new attribute to the Details section in project Blueprint
- Create a new project in the new UX
- Set the Blueprint for the project to the one in step 4
- Go to the Project's Details page
- Change a value for a not required field and go to another tab such as Conversations
Expected Results: Valued Required error is generated because one or more required fields do not have a value
Actual Results: You are taken to the next tab successfully
This is working as designed:
- On the details page in the new UX the system does not do page validation.
- The system will check each field as the user tries to edit the field because of the auto-save.
- So, you will only get an error if a value is populated in a required field, and you clear the value.
Release : All Supported Releases
Component : CA PPM STUDIO
Option 1: Set a Default value for the attribute
Option 2: Use of the Grid view for projects:
- Set a default value on the attribute that is generic
- Then use a custom process, portlet or other feature to check for projects that have the generic value set to inform managers the value hasn't been changed.
- Additionally, if the user does clear the default value, they will then get the error message the field is required
- If you don’t have the required field on the view and try to create a new entry and there’s no default set:
- It will give you an error: “Cannot update the value”
- The system will add the column with the required field to the view
- if you have the required field on the view and try to create a new entry with the required field on the view:
- It will not allow you to successfully create the project until you populate a value
- The project missing a required value is highlighted in YELLOW on the grid
- YELLOW = the project hasn't been created yet
- WHITE = Once the row turns WHITE, then the record has been created.
- BLUE = A created record that is currently clicked on
See KB: 18799
on steps to submit an enhancement request