OS : z/OS
Release : 12.0
Component : CA XCOM Data Transport for z/OS
We provided this response to customer--with help from XCOM L2 Support:
1. When you do a STOP of the task it will stop the task in an orderly manner. In other words, it will let whatever
active work going on at the time to finish. That is why the STOP will not immediately stop the task.
2. When you do the STOP,IMMED it tells XCOM to stop the task regardless of what is happening.
3. We have several fixes related to the STOP--make sure you have them all applied.
4. Please also review XCOM for z/OS 12.0 doc remarks for STOP command (under ● IMMED):
5. Regarding your other question: It is NOT recommended to share the listener port.