If I would like to remove the encryption from the 11.3 agent to be able to work both with legacy 4.5 agents and 11.3.x system agents ?
- How do I remove the encryption from the 11.3 agent ?
- How do I tell the server not to use encryption with agents ?
Here are the steps for ENCRYPTION removal on the Server and on the Agent:
- When you run the 11.3 Server on Windows go to AutoSys Administrator Utility, "Instance Administration", uncheck "Instance Wide Encryption" and restart CA-WAAE services.
- In case your AE Server is on Linux or Unix, set "UseEncryption" parameter to 0 in $AUTOUSER/config.$AUTOSERV file and restart CA-WAAE services.
The valid values in the $AUTOUSER/config.$AUTOSERV file are:
0: No encryption <====
1: DEFAULT encryption
2: AES encryption
- Configure the Agent for No Encryption
You can configure the agent for no encryption.
To configure the agent for no encryption
- Change to the agent installation directory.
- Stop the agent.
- Open the agentparm.txt file located in the agent installation directory.
- Set the security.cryptkey parameter to no value, as follows:
- Save and close the agentparm.txt file.
- Start the agent.
The encryption is disabled on the agent as well