ALERT: Some images may not load properly within the Knowledge Base Article. If you see a broken image, please right-click and select 'Open image in a new tab'. We apologize for this inconvenience.
OWB Error: Unable to find the definition file
Article ID: 187274
Clarity PPM SaaS
Clarity PPM On Premise
When trying to select a custom view in Open Workbench (OWB), receive below error:
Unable to find the definition file.
- This can be due to user not have access to view/folder related to the view.
- It can happen if there's also been a recent change including moving data to Microsoft OneDrive
Release : All Supported releases
Component : Clarity PPM SAAS OPEN WORKBENCH (OWB)
- Move the view the file to the C:\Program Files\Open Workbench\views\ folder, then change the Corporate View Library point to: C:\Program Files\Open Workkbench\views\Standard_en.rwl.
- Make sure users have access rights to the folder where the views are located.
- OneDrive can cause issues (see the below), so if the files are located there, see if moving the files to a location the user has access to outside One Drive helps.
- OneDrive by default does not sync anything in C:, such as:\C:\Program Files (x86) which is where C:\Program Files (x86)\Open Workbench would be.