Auto assignment in CA SDM assigns tickets to contacts that have the Available option selected in the contact record. However, you can auto assign incidents/issues/change orders/requests to a group and not to contacts within the group.
To auto assign tickets to the group and not to individual contacts in the group
- Verify that your CA SDM installation is at a minimum level of Release 12.6 Cumulative 2 patch.
- Open the command prompt on the CA SDM server.
- Run the following command:
pdm_options_mgr -c -s AUTOASG_GROUP_ONLY -v 1 -a pdm_option.inst
By default, new options that you add to the nx.env file are not saved after you run pdm_configure. You can save the changes permanently by specifying the -t option as follows:
pdm_options_mgr -c -s AUTOASG_GROUP_ONLY -v 1 -a pdm_option.inst -t
The commands update the following files in CA SDM with the new option:
¦ Windows-NX_ROOT/NX.env and NX_ROOT\pdmconf\nx.env.nt.tpl
- Open the NX.env file in the CA SDM installation folder and search for the variable
@NX_AUTOASG_GROUP_ONLY=1 (it is located the end of the file).
- Open the file nx.env.nt.tpl present under NX_ROOT/pdmconf and search for the
- Restart Unicenter ServiceDesk Daemon Server service.
CA SDM auto assigns the tickets to the group only.