Clarity PPM Upgrade fails with error: PLS-00905: object NIKU.CMN_AUTONUM_GET_NEXT_SP is invalid
Article ID: 186695
Clarity PPM On Premise
Clarity PPM SaaS
Clarity PPM Upgrade fails with below referenced in install.logs:
3/08/20 2:59 PM (ExecTask) Caused by: com.ca.clarity.jdbc.oraclebase.ddc: [CA Clarity][Oracle JDBC Driver][Oracle]ORA-06550: line 11, column 7:
3/08/20 2:59 PM (ExecTask) PLS-00905: object NIKU.CMN_AUTONUM_GET_NEXT_SP is invalid
3/08/20 2:59 PM (ExecTask) ORA-06550: line 11, column 7:
3/08/20 2:59 PM (ExecTask) PL/SQL: Statement ignored
- This issue can happen due to sequence issues
- Sequence issues can be caused by the environment being refreshed from another environment using a "hot" backup (while Clarity services are still running).
- It's recommended to take the backup when there is minimal activity in the environment if possible.
- See 11285 for more details
Release : 15.7.1
Component : CA PPM INTEGRATIONS & INSTALLATIONS
- Rollback the environment to prior to upgrade
- See 11285 for steps on how to fix sequencing issues.
- Once sequencing issues have been fixed, retry the upgrade.
On Premise customers: One other option is to restore the environment from prior to upgrade, the take a "Cold" backup of the source environment (where Clarity PPM Services are down).