To open Test Data Visualizer, you need to configure the Service layer for your environment. If it's not configured properly you will get the message: 'Unable to connect service layer-please check the service is running
' message during startup.
Perform the following steps. You will need to have Administrator privileges in Datamaker to do this.
1. Follow the error recreation steps above and click 'OK' when the 'Unable to connect service layer'
message is displayed.
2. From the toolbar on the Datamaker homepage, click on the 'Security' tab.
3. Choose 'Users and Groups' from the drop-down menu.
4. Enter your Datamaker Administrator credentials on the login screen that appears in red and click the green check mark in the bottom, right-hand corner.
5. On the 'Maintain Security' window, click the 'Service Layer' tab.
6. Check the box next to the 'Enable Service Layer Integration' option.
7. Within the 'Primary Service URL' text box, edit it to point to your TDM Portal URL, for example: https://localhost:8443/TDMPortalService
8. Click the blue save icon that appears to the right of the option to save your setting changes.
9. Go Back to your DataSource ( Green arrow), Open any table from Source.
10. Execute any SQL command, and then click on the Visualize Data ICON ( Pinkish Green ICON on the right)