Questions regarding Version EOS and Upgrade - Advanced Authentication
Release : 8.2
Component : AuthMinder(Arcot WebFort)
1. Is it possible to run CA AA 8.2.1 after June 2020 (even if there will be no support for this version)?
Ans : Refer to the below link :
Based on the above link, AA was 8.2.1 is EOS by June 30 - 2020,
You can run 8.2.1, but post June 30 - 2020, we will not be able to support you as it is EOS,
2. Will it be possible to use CA Mobile OTP App for this version?
Ans : CA Mobile OTP client is independent of the server version so it will work fine with the upgraded version as well.
3. Will it be possible to download the CA Mobile OTP App from the Apple store after EOS?
Ans : Yes, it will be available to download.
4. If we decide to upgrade to CA AA 9.0, Will the users have to be enrolled another time or can users continue to use the system as before without doing something on a per-user basis?
Ans : Re-enrollment will not be needed and Users can use the application without any re-enrollment.
5. We are running a fault tolerant CA AA environment with an active and a standby server.
Is it possible to upgrade one at a time and let the other one be running so that there will be no service disruption?
Ans : If we use the same database, it is not possible to upgrade one at a time.
6. Can we install the new version on other servers and after this switch IP addresses on these servers?
Ans : Yes you should be able to install a new version of the Product and need to update the properties file which references the old server.
Refer this KB Article for EOL/EOS details.