When testing existing Easytrieve JCL with the current 11.6 release, File Statistic messages still reference the prior releases. This is only for those programs that were compiled/linked using the older releases.
Release : 11.6
Component : CA Easytrieve Plus Report Generator
Here is the reasoning behind this statistic.
1. When a previously compiled and linked program is executed under
Easytrieve 11.6, the first thing checked is to see if it was linked
with r11.6, or was it linked as an executable with an earlier version
2. If It was Easytrieve 11.x, then the Easytrieve 11.6 run time will be
used, and it would have CA Easytrieve 11.6 in your title.
3. If it was an earlier version of Easytrieve 6.x used, then it would
have EASYTRIEVE PLUS 11.6-C in your title, and
and the compatibility 11.6 run time modules would be used.
4. Then when the file statistics are printed, the actual version/release
is printed, such as:
FILE STATISTICS - CA-EASYTRIEVE PLUS 6.4 0311.
5. When a CA Easytrieve program is run, the listing gives two dates.....
Seeing '11-C' in the listing confirms that you are using the correct libraries
to execute with 11.X, but that the program is running in compatibility mode.
Seeing 'FILE STATISTICS - CA-EASYTRIEVE PLUS 6.4 0311' in the listing is
confirming that the CA Easytrieve job was previously compiled and linked as