This document assumes the below:
- You are familiar with the sapwalk2 utility.
- You have an SNMP walk output file(s) of customer SNMP devices.
If you do not have a SNMP Walk utility or SNMP walk file of a device, please see this article on using Sapwalk2 utility: https://ca-broadcom.wolkenservicedesk.com/external/article?articleId=13592
Here are steps to simulate customer SNMP devices in your lab.
- Download and install the simulator on your Windows machine.
NOTE: If Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable (x86) is not installed, please install it separately.
- Create a data directory where you place the walk file. For example c:\snmpdata.
- Please ensure that you walk file meets the below criteria:
- Was created through the sapwalk2 utility
- All commented lines are removed from the output
- File extension is .sapwalk
- Place the walk file to data directory
- From a command line run:
C:\Program Files (x86)\SNMP Simulator>snmpsimd --agent-udpv4-endpoint=192.168.35.111:161 --data-dir=c:\snmpdata --v2c-arch
Where 192.168.35.111 is the IP address of the Windows machine.
The name of the file will be community name.
NOTE: Windows SNMP Service needs to be shutdown
NOTE: The community string will be the name of the file.
For example, a file test01.sapwalk is in the data directory, so test01 is community name.