Here is some information on the placement of the TMC:
The placement of other data sets on the same volume that the TMC or Audit reside must be done so as not to create a RESERVE/ENQUEUE lockout condition.
Do not locate data sets of products that CA 1 Tape Management System interfaces to including:
- Security products (CA Top Secret Security, CA ACF2)
- DASD management products (CA ASM2 Backup and Restore, CA-Disk)
- The operating system catalogs
We recommend that the TMC and Audit data sets:
- Be allocated on separate disk volumes. This allocation eliminates the possibility of both data sets being destroyed in the event of a hardware failure.
- Be allocated as unmovable (DSORG=PSU)
- The TMC and Audit data sets should not be allocated to the same DASD unit and preferably placed on separate banks/channels.
- The TMC and Audit data sets cannot span multiple DASD devices.
- They should not be specified as data sets that can be archived.