New UX Project Blueprints include Idea Lookup Values
Article ID: 185404
Clarity PPM On Premise
Clarity PPM SaaS
The Status attribute on the Project Object is associated with a System Restricted lookup: Investment Object State.
Steps to Reproduce:
- The lookup clearly states in the value descriptions that some of the options are only applicable to Ideas.
- However, those options are showing as available in the new UX when the Status field is added to a Blueprint.
- In the Classic View, only status values relevant to the Project object show up in projects.
1. Go to a project in the new UX
2. Attempt to change the project Status on either the Project list or the Project Details page
Expected Results: Only valid project statuses are available.
Actual Results: Project and Idea statuses are both available.
Note: If an Idea specific status is selected, an error is thrown - CMN-0009: Attribute 'Status' has invalid Lookup Value 'n'
This was reviewed as DE53645 and determined to be working as designed.
Release : 15.7.1
Component : CA PPM APPLICATION
- Status is a legacy field supported in Classic PPM. In the New UX, "Status" has been replaced with the field "Work Status".
- Status was retained in the New UX for legacy purposes (including projects/ideas in flight from Classic PPM)
- Options to hide this field in the New UX:
- Field Security will be available starting in Clarity PPM 15.8 where you can hide the Status field in the New UX or make this field read-only to all users in the Modern UX
- In versions prior to 15.8, you can remove the Status field from the Blueprints associated with the project or idea.