Where to obtain the license
The .bcl (appliance) file can be obtained from the customer portal at support.broadcom.com
- Click on 'Symantec Enterprise Security'
- Click on 'My Entitlements'
- Follow Logon Prompts
- Input the appliance Serial number where prompted and click search.
- Expand the link(s) under 'My Entitlements' until you find the product for which the license is needed.
- Click the ribbon icon under the 'License' column
- If no entitlement is found, please contact customer care.
- For some appliances, you may be prompted to enter a passphrase at this time.(This is required for the DLP Virtual Appliance for Developer Apps)
The .slf file can be obtained from the customer portal at support.broadcom.com
- Click on 'Symantec Enterprise Security'.
- Click on 'Product Downloads'.
- Follow Logon Prompts.
- Select Data Loss Prevention Network Prevent for Web Virtual Appliance.
- Select Version and Language. If language is not applicable to the release then the menu will default to English.
- Click on Data Loss Prevention Network Prevent for Web Virtual Appliance again.
- Search for 'Symantec_DLPWVAP'. The appropriate license, including the version, should be displayed.
Applying the Enforce license file (.slf)
- From the Enforce Console navigate to System -> Settings -> General.
- Click 'Configure' .
- Click 'choose file' in the licensing section.
- Browse to the newly acquired .slf file and choose 'open'
Applying the Appliance license file .bcl
- Open the .bcl file in a text editor.
- Copy the contents of the .bcl file to the clipboard.
- SSH into your appliance.
- Enter enable mode.
- Enter the following.
licensing inline <passphrase>
Where passphrase is the passphrase that was generated when you obtained the .bcl file.