Enforce displays appliance as disconnected with a license expired error
Unable to configure options such as trial mode, or request/response filtering options.
The option to add a server from the Enforce console is grayed out for the type of server you're attempting to add.
Where to obtain the license
The .bcl(appliance) file can be obtained from the customer portal at support.broadcom.com
The .slf file can be obtained from the customer portal at support.broadcom.com
Applying the Enforce license file (.slf)
1. From the Enforce Console navigate to System -> Settings -> General
2. Click 'Configure'
3. click 'choose file' in the licensing section.
4. Browse to the newly acquired .slf file and choose 'open'
Applying the Appliance license file .bcl
1. Open the bcl file in a text editor.
2. Copy the contents of the bcl file to clipboard.
2. SSH into your appliance
3. enter enable mode
4. enter the following
licensing inline <passphrase>
Where passphrase is the passphrase that was generated when you obtained the bcl file
If you receive the following error while importing a bcl file, sure your passphrase was entered correctly. if the problem persists, contact Broadcom support:
% failed % ErrorCode : -15132 % ErrorMessage : no valid birth certificate in the virtual appliance