PMImport is failing.
According to the NS logs, the following log entries were present:
Many open files of WindowsPatchData.zip and other packages in shared folder.
Our suggestion is to try the following:
1. We are assuming there are many open files related to patch management and other packages in the shared folder (under Computer Manager> Shared folders> Open files).
2. In order to stop all those connections or possible programs holding the file, try the following:
A) Stop all Altiris Services:
Altiris Support Service
Altiris Client Message Dispatcher
Altiris File Receiver
Altiris Event Receiver
Altiris Object Host Service
Altiris Service Hoster
Altiris Event Engine
B) Stop IIS (iisreset /stop)
C) Stop Symantec Management agent service on the SMP server.
D) Try to delete the folder which is shown in the error you are receiving. Here it was ':\Program Files\Altiris\Patch Management\packages\windowsvulnerabilityscan\WindowsPatchData.zip'. but in your case it could be other folders or files under '\Program Files\Altiris\Patch Management'. If It will not let you delete it because the file is still in use by some process, go to the next step.
E) On your SMP Server, Go to "Computer Manager> Shared folders> Open files" and see if you have any references for 'D:\Program Files\Altiris\Patch Management\' file. If you do, delete them.
F) Start the services that you stop it above.
G) Run the PMImport again
If the issue keeps reoccurring where thisfile keeps getting locked, try to identify what is locking it. Some ideas on how to do this:
1. Download Microsoft Process Explorer:
2. Check if the WindowsPatchData.zip file is still locked.
Steps for finding:
Go to File, and select "Show Details for All Processes" option
Go to Find > Find Handle or DLL.
In the "Handle or DLL substring:" text box, type the path to the file (e.g. "C:\path\to\file.txt") and click "Search".
All processes which have an open handle to that file should be listed.
3. If nothing is locking the file, try to run PMImport again and when you see the error in the NS logs for this error:
The process cannot access the file 'D:\Program Files\Altiris\Patch Management\packages\windowsvulnerabilityscan\WindowsPatchData.zip' because it is being used by another process.
Then open Microsoft Process Explorer and see if it shows what it is.
Try the following article: