Text field limits of DLP endpoint agent popup window
Article ID: 184638
Data Loss Prevention Endpoint Prevent
- Customer has an issue with the popup notification they designed.
- Text was already shortened but it still does not fit the text field of the popup window.
- What are the limits of the text field of the Data Loss Prevention (DLP) endpoint agent popup window?
- - Before DLP version 15.1 MP1 (15.X and older DLP versions) character limitations for the popup window were such: 7 lines maximum with 48 characters per line.
- Up to 500 characters can be put into input box on Enforce console but only first 334 characters will be displayed in popup window.
- - From DLP version 15.1 MP1 maximum number of the lines has been reduced to 6 but number of the characters per line stay the same 48 characters.
- The input box on the Enforce console has the same 500-character limit, but only the first 286 characters will be displayed in popup window.
NOTE: The maximum number of the lines and characters per line in popup window are hard-coded and cannot be adjusted from Enforce console.