Network Discover scan fails with error 53 "network path was not found" and error 67 "network name cannot be found "
Article ID: 184441
Data Loss Prevention Network Discover
Running a DLP Network Discover scan of a failing with 'error 53 network path was not found' or 'error 67 network name cannot be found'.
A firewall is blocking communication to from the Discover server to the target file server
- log onto the discover server as the user configured in the scan
- Go to start > run and type in the path to the share failing the scan.
- You will get a similar network error here as well.
- Try to ping the file server from the Discover server command line.
- If this fails, run a tracert and see where the break in communication is.
- Open the required port in the firewall