.VEP and .SNP files are filling up the Endpoint Agent temp folder
Article ID: 184286
Data Loss Prevention Endpoint Prevent
Data Loss Prevention
.VEP and .SNP files are filling up the Endpoint Agent temp folder.
This issue can be resolved by changing how the agent handles these temporary files. Use the following steps to address this issue:
- From the Enforce console go to System > Agents > Agent Configuration
- Edit the applicable Agent Configuration
- Uncheck the local drive monitoring option.
- Click on the Advanced Settings tab
- Set FileSystem.ENABLE_FILE_RESTORATION.int to 0
- Set FileSystem.ENABLE_VEP_FILE_ELIMINATION.int to 1
- Click Save
- Click Apply Configuration (Do not skip this step)
- Select the applicable Agent Group(s)
- Click Update Configuration