I need to apply maintenance to Common Services for z/OS 2.4. Is there a method to download all necessary maintenance including all pre and co requisites without downloading each fix one at a time; ptf by ptf?
Compatibility fixes for z/OS may require pre or corequisite fixes for a successful apply. For Common Services the following maintenance is required:
For r14.1 - SO08282
For r15.0 - SO08287
Release : 14.1 or 15.0
Component : CCIMVS
These specific fixes are for the CCI component but the co and prerequisite maintenance may affect other components.
Follow these steps to obtain all necessary maintenance for either r14.1 or r15.0 z/OS 2.4 compatibility.
In order to collect everything you would need (corequisite and prerequisite maintenance) in one file, it will be in a zip file, follow these steps:
1. Sign on to the support portal
2. From the HOME page, choose MAINFRAME SOFTWARE
3. Choose Product Downloads
4. Enter Common Services in the dropdown and click on Common Services in the grey box that appears below and to the left of the dropdown.
5. Choose Solution Downloads to the right of the default Product Downloads under COMMON SERVICES in red at the top.
6. Click 14.1 in blue on the next display
7. Next, the dropdown box offers a number of choices to pull maintenance; one of the choices allows you to enter a fix number. Enter SO08282 in the box and click Search in red next to the search box.
8. Click on z/OS 2.4 Support (in blue) in the description of the fix. This will bring up the one fix you've chosen.
9. Add Solution to Cart. A 1 will appear next to Cart at the top of the page.
10. Click on the '1' next to the cart which will result in the display of the actual Solution Download page with the description of the fix.
11. Beneath the description of how to obtain a complete package for the maintenance, see a button that moves left to right. Ensure the button is all the way to the right and the path behind the button is blue.
12. Click on checkout.
13. This will create an order in the form of a zip file containing the one fix and all possible associated maintenance which you can download via the browser (the picture of the cloud to the right) or ftp.