After clicking the "Launch Insights" button in Service Desk 17.x, Jasper Reports takes over three minutes to open or simply results in a "Delayed Server Response" error.
If the Insights page is opened from the Xflow UI, the same issue occurs.
Service Management 17.x
JasperSoft 6.4.3 and 7.x
All Supported Windows Operating Systems
1. Unfortunately, our current CABI architecture stores the tokens into a flat file, which is turning out to be troublesome.
2. Due to some complexities with the architecture/integration, engineering is not able to enhance this in a better fashion with the current release of CABI Jasper.
Engineering is still checking on this further with the architects, but there is a possibility that the approach below might be the only one with the currently supported releases of CABI Jasper (6.4.x and 7.1.1) with SM 17.1 and 17.2.
Basically the approach is to nullify the contents of the flat file where the integration tokens are kept. It was observed that once the file gets to around 7KB or higher in size, that the integration slows down.
1. Identify the install PATH to CABI folder (OOTB it is C:\PROGRA~1\CA\SharedComponents\CABUSI~1\apache-tomcat\webapps\jasperserver-pro)
2. Create a Windows Batch file with the following contents (adjust paths accordingly)
REM Cleaning token history file
echo "Emptying sso_token_history.txt"
3. Below indicates how to add the above file (c:\test.bat) into Windows Task Scheduler so that it can be run periodically
REM How to add task to the scheduler.
REM SCHTASKS /CREATE /SC DAILY /TN "Cleaning Session Token History" /TR C:\test.bat /ST 21:42 /RU Administrator
Our recommendation is to run this batch file as frequently as needed. In certain environments, this could be every few minutes while in other environments it could be ever few hours. It all depends on how frequently the token file size is getting big (7KB or more).
Once again, our Engineering team is still working with CABI architects on this, but the above workaround is what we have for now.