- The ability to save the layout such as the Timeline, Board or Grid in a view is introduced in release 15.8.
- The application recognizes a change in the layout when the user switches between other layouts.
- However, there is a use case that was found where the layout is not saved when a user does not switch between other layouts on an initial or pre-existing view.
- A user navigating to a page with an initial OOTB layout makes changes on that initial layout without going to another layout - the layout is not getting saved.
- This could happen on pre-existing views saved in a pre-15.8 release as well because these views do not have a layout already saved.
STEPS TO REPRODUCE:
1. Log in as a user that has not visited the page such as the Projects list
2. The user lands on the Board layout as this is the default layout for the OOTB standard view
3. The user stays only on the Board layout and makes a change to the COLOR BY so now they see the 'Unsaved' tag
4. The user SAVES the view with the name 'Board View 1'
5. The user goes to the Grid Layout and sees the unsaved tag, they make changes to the configuration of the grid and saves the changes in a view named 'Grid View'
6. The user picks the 'Board View 1' to view
Expected Results: To go to the Board layout.
Actual Results: The user remains on the Grid layout.