Before you continue with steps below we also advise to take a backup of the database. Steps to backup the database you can find in Disaster Recovery KB (http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH160736)
1. Make sure you have the recovery.zip file backed up from this location:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager\Server Private Key Backup
2. Start the original setup from the downloaded CD/DVD to install a new SEPM. After the initial install is complete you will begin the configuration.
3. In Management Configuration wizard choose custom configuration and make sure you CHECK the box use Recovery file ( that was backed up in the step 1) this recovery file holds all the information about server communication configuration (Domain ID, Certificate, KCS, etc.)
4. Click Next and choose how many clients in your environment.
5. Click Next and choose "Install an additional management server to an existing site":
6. Leave the same site and server name:
7. Connect back to SQL:
8. When the Pop-up below comes click "YES"- It will only replace the Management server name all the policies, configuration and user data will still be there :
9. Now click "Finish".