Some attributes in the Active Directory (AD), like accountNameHistory have multiple values. To import such items, and copy all values from AD to Configuration Management Database (CMDB), use the Define value source and processing window.
Note: This feature is introduced in IT Management Suite 7.5 SP1. Previously, only the last value was imported during an AD import.
To import multiline items from Active Directory with AD Import
- In the Symantec Management Console, on the Actions menu, click Discover > Import MIcrosoft Active Directory.
- (Optional) On the Microsoft Active Directory Import page, if it is required, create a new Resource Import Rule.
- In the row corresponding with your import rule, click default column mappings.
- In the Column Mappings dialog box, in the left pane, click the data class that you want to import data to.
- In the right pane, under Attribute mappings, in the data class row that you want to map with AD data source, click the blue text in the right column. For example, click (NULL).
Note: If the text is gray, that field cannot be edited.
- In the Define value source and processing dialog box, under Directory entry attribute, select the AD attribute that you want to map. Then, check the Multirow source check box.
- (Optional) Under Define processing steps, create new rules that are used to process the data. For example, you can use Uppercase.
Note: Processing steps are executed from top to bottom. First one on the list is the first one to be executed.
- Click OK, and then, in the Column Mappings dialog box, click OK.
- On the Microsoft Active Directory Import page, click Save changes.