How is new inventory data loaded into the Altiris database?
The following walk through process is used for every key pair ResourceGuid+DataClassGuid (referred to as 'key pair' below) that is contained within the received inventory (note that a single NSE often contains many inventory classes for one resource or from many resources during Inventory Forwarding as is the case in this KB).
- Delete the existing inventory data for the key pair using the dataclass stored procedure named sp_<data_table_name>_resource_delete
- Clear the ResourceUpdateSummary DataHash (as there is no longer any data for the specified key pair)
- Verify that the data was cleaned properly (by selecting the DataHash for the key pair - this should not return any values)
- Write the key pair data into the Data Class table. For some reason the Altiris Profiler only shows the transaction statement instead of the full insert statement).
- Verify that the key pair data was loaded into the database properly.
- Update the key pair ResourceUpdateSummary DataHash with the newly inserted data hash.
- Run some transaction logic to verify that everything worked properly.
- Run a final check on the inserted data by calling spResourceDataCheck