Building a native iOS App Center App using the In-Browser App Center Builder
Starting with the release of App Center 4.2, you can build the iOS Native App Center App with a browser-based app builder. The browser-based method is more streamlined than the legacy iOS App Center App build method. Use these steps to build the Native iOS App Center App with the browser-based app builder.
Before you Start
Go to Settings > Apple/iOS Certificates
· Push Certificate
· Code-Signing Certificate.
· MDM certificate (optional). Note:The MDM certificate is not required to build the iOS Native App Center App but it is highly recommended. The MDM certificate is required to enable all of the App Center MDM features.
In addition to the trust certificates, an Apple Distribution Provisioning Profile is required to build the native iOS App Center App. Complete instructions for managing the iOS certificates and to generate the Distribution Provisioning Profile are provided in the article, Managing the iOS app and MDM certificates used by Symantec App Center
Building the Native iOS App Center App with the in-browser app builder
- Go toSettings > iOS Clientand select Use native app.
- Under App Center Builder, click In-Browser App Center Builder.The App Center Builder is displayed:
- Browse to and select your Distribution Profile. Note:The Distribution Profile section displays the expiration date and Bundle Identifier that are associated with your Distribution Provisioning Profile. The Distribution Provisioning Profile is comprised of an AppID and the Distribution/Code-Signing certificate. Similarly, the AppID is comprised of the Bundle Seed and BundleID. For more information and instructions to create a Distribution Provisioning Profile, see the article, Creating the iOS Distribution Provisioning Profile for Symantec App Center.
- ClickBuild App Center. The App Center Builder closes upon completion.
Verifying the build
To verify the build of the native iOS App Center App, check the status indication next to the BundleID and the date\time of the build completion (which should be near the current time).
Important note about rebuilding the iOS App Center App
When you rebuild the native iOS App Center App, the BundleID must be the same as your original App Center App. The Distribution Provisioning Profile and the Distribution Certificate each have their own expiration dates. Be sure that the expiration date is valid for both before you add the Distribution Provisioning Profile in the App Center Builder. If the Distribution Provisioning Profile is expired, you must create a new one. Be sure to use the same AppID as the original Distribution Provisioning Profile you are replacing. If the Distribution/Code-Signing Certificate is expired, you must obtain an updated Distribution/Code-Signing Certificate from your administrator. See the article, Managing the iOS app and MDM certificates used by Symantec App Center for more information.