Question: How do I troubleshoot Patch Management processes failing to replicate within Hierarchy:
Answer: Review the following troubleshooting steps after ensuring the SMP is configured as detailed in Chapter 8 "Configuring hierarchy and hierarchy replication" of the ITMS Admin Guide:
1. Ensure the PMImport has completed on the Parent/Child SMP:
2. Ensure Patch Configurations are in order for Parent and replicated to the Child SMP:
3. Ensure the replications schedules are in place: KM: HOWTO83929
4. Ensure the package replication is in order:
5. Kick off the replication on schedule
6. Ensure replication activity on both Parent & Child in ‘Currently Replicating Activity Report’
select * from ReplicationJob
where State =2 --Running state
7. Check SMP Logs for Parent & Child; see if there are any errors replicating the processes
8. Troubleshooting Windows System Assessment Scan (WSAS) replication:
Advisory: If you find the Child SMP Compliance Reports fail to target IsApplicable for updates; confirm the Update count is accurate in the Patch Remediation Center by comparing them to the PRC on the Parent SMP. If you find the Child PRC count is lower than the Parent PRC for that Bulletin; highlight the Bulletin in each PRC, select 'List Software Updates' and compare the listing. If the Child SMP is missing all named language updates (e.g. English etc.), and only lists Invariant Languages; ensure the Patch Management Language Alerting is configured as outlined on KM: HOWTO56242. Please contact support for further assistance if this setting is in order.
Note: If seeing errors regarding 'Unable to generate policy XML for item' on Child SMP; review TECH236222.