How do I use the DeployAnywhere feature in Deployment Solution 6.9 SP1?
DeployAnywhere works by deleting the existing HAL.dll in a Windows* operating system and then deploying a NIC driver and mass storage driver to rebuild the HAL.dll on the first reboot.
Steps to complete
- Deployment Solution 6.9 SP1
- Any image created with RapiDeploy, Ghost, or ImageX
- Windows PE Automation Environment
Possible troubleshooting steps:
- Create an image with RapiDeploy, Ghost, or ImageX.
- Create a Distribute Image task and check Use DeployAnywhere hardware independent imaging in the Configuration section of the task.
- Check Prepare Using Sysprep.
- Assign the Image Task with DeployAnywhere settings.
- Computer is stuck in reboot loop after imaging with DeployAnywhere; see article 44317.
- How to test for drivers in driver database; see article 44319.