How can I remove licenses from Symantec Management Platform (SMP) 7.x/8.x?
Symantec Management Platform 7.X (7.0, 7.1, 7.5, 7.6, 8.0) provides a removal tool that you can use. It is called RemoveLicense.exe, which can be found under <install drive>:\Program Files\Altiris\Notification Server\bin\Tools.
- Run RemoveLicense.exe. A GUI will open. It will display all the installed licenses with its information.
- Select the Solution(s) license(s) that you will like to remove. Then click Remove.
Note: You can reapply the licenses using the Symantec Installation Manager ( SIM ) functionality.
If for some reason you cannot run the RemoveLicense.exe tool, you can try to uninstall the licenses manually from the certificates installed on your Notification Server.
To manually remove licenses, you can perform the following steps:
- Click Start > Run. Enter MMC and click OK.
- Once the Console1 window opens, click File > Add/Remove Snap-in.
- The Add/Remove Snap-in window opens. Click the Add button.
- The Add Standalone Snap-in window opens. Click Certificates and Add.
- The Certificates snap-in window opens. Click Computer account and click Next.
- The Select Computer window opens. Click Local computer (the computer the console is running on) and click Finish.
- In the Add Standalone Snap-in window. Click Close.
- In the Console window under Console Root, expand the Certificates (Local Computer) item, click Altiris Licensing > Certificates.
- Remove the Certificates.
Note: If you remove all license certificates in this window, it will remove all licensing from the Notification Server similar to the way the license removal tool did. If you do not need to remove everything, you can find a specific license that will need to be removed by opening each license certificate and viewing the details.
- After deleting the license certificates, go to the Symantec Installation Manager’s Licensing page (Start > All Programs > Altiris > Symantec Installation Manager > Add/Update Licenses) and check if the licenses are still installed.
Note: You can reapply the licenses using the Symantec Installation Manager (SIM) functionality.