FAQ for the release of the Symantec Management Platform 7.0
Article ID: 181613
Management Platform (Formerly known as Notification Server)
What are some frequently asked questions about the release of the Symantec Management Platform 7.0?
- Is the Symantec Management Platform 7.0 supported on 64-bit operating systems?
- Does version 7.0 still require the database collation to match the master database collation?
- What operating systems are supported for the platform server?
- What versions of SQL server are supported for the CMDB?
- SQL Server 2005 only.
- 2005 with SP2 is the recommended version.
- SQL Server 2005 SP3 is not supported with this release.
- What version of the .NET Framework is required on the platform server?
- .NET 3.5 is required on the server.
- ASP.NET 2.0 SP1 is the version used for all Web site application pools.
- Is ASP.Net 2.0 SP2 supported?
- Is .NET 3.5 SP1 supported?
- Is the Altiris Agent supported on 64-bit operating systems?
- The Altiris Agent is supported on x64 editions of operating system platforms supported by the NS 7.0 Altiris Agent. On these platforms, it is still a 32-bit application, running under WOW64.
- Does the NS 7.0 Agent support Server 2008 Core installations?
- Is going from one collation on the source database to a different collation on the destination database supported with an Notification Server 6 to 7 migration?
- Not with this release. Also see article 22611.
- Is the Package Service role supported on client operating systems?
- The Package Service role is supported on the same client operating systems supported by the Altiris Agent.
- Are Task Servers supported on client operating systems?
- Do Task Services require IIS?
- Yes, the Altiris HTTP server is no longer supported.
- Are Domain Controllers supported as Site Servers?