By default, error logs are disabled. This is because the logs will continue to grow until turned off.
In order to enable logging during deployments follow these steps:
- In the console, open: Settings > Deployment > NBS General Settings
- Scroll down to the Logging section and click the down arrow. (see attachment)
- Check "Enable Logging" and put the level of logging needed.
- Save Changes.
Logging Levels from 1 to 15:
- Error & Warning
- Error & Information
- Warning & Information
- Error & Warning & Information
- Error & Debug
- Warning & Debug
- Error & Warning & Debug
- Information & Debug
- Error & Information & Debug
- Warning & Information & Debug
- (or 255) All Logging Levels
Debugging levels are only needed in extreme cases.
Both Log files can be found here: %\Altiris\Altiris Agent\Agents\Deployment\SBS
*Be sure to disable Logging when done troubleshooting to prevent files from filling up the Hard Drive.