How can I recreate a full inventory immediately?
- From the Altiris Console, click the Task tab > Tasks > Asset and Inventory > Inventory > Windows > Inventory Tasks.
- Right-click Recreate Full Inventory and click Clone.
- Rename the cloned task to something like "Run Now - Recreate Full Inventory" and click OK.
- In the right pane:
- Mark the Enable box.
- In the Run section:
- Select the On a schedule option.
- Mark the Run as soon as computer is notified (only runs once) box. (This causes the managed computers to run a client configuration update as soon as they receive the task.).
- Clear the Run on a schedule (All machines at same time) box.
- If you have fewer than 500 computers you may want to mark the Immediately notify each computer of task box. A warning will appear about increased network traffic.
- Set other options as wanted.
- Click the Apply button.
- After the inventories have been recreated and you have the information, you can disable the cloned task. Recommendation: Give your systems enough time to check in and realise the task was disabled before deleting it, to avoid ItemNotFoundException errors on the Notification Server.