This articles includes information on installing or upgrading Symantec Encryption Desktop (previously PGP Desktop) for Mac OS X.
Note: You must have administrative rights on your system in order to install the software\update.
Installing the Software
To install Symantec Encryption Desktop on your Mac OS X system
- Quit all other applications.
- Extract the Symantec Encryption Desktop file by selecting the file and clicking Open With > Archive Utility.
- Open the folder of the extracted file. The files EncryptionDesktop10.3.x.dmg and EncryptionDesktop10.3.x.dmg.sig are displayed.
- Right-click the file and select Open With > DiskImageMounter to mount the image.
- Double-click Encryption Desktop.pkg.
- Click Continue until prompted and then click Agree.
- Select the drive on which to install and click Continue.
- Click Install.
Note: The Customize button allows you to select not to include the Drive Encryption functionality during installation.
- When prompted, restart your system.