Question: Managing Microsoft Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012 computers using Patch Management 7.1 SP2 MP1.
Answer: Review the following details regarding the limited support for these Operating Systems:
- Understand that the Microsoft Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012 Operating Systems have limited support in ITMS 7.1 SP2 MP1 as outlined on the Support Matrix KM: HOWTO9965.
- This is detailed further on KM: DOC6193 and note the following affects in this version of Patch Management Solution:
- Unable to run Tasks on Windows 8 32 bit;
- This issue renders Patch Management unsupported on this OS type, for the Windows System Assessment Scan must run on the client in order to return Patch Inventories
- Default Filters may not target these Operating Systems;
- Basic Inventory may not return the inventory that inputs these OS Types into the designated 'Windows Server' or 'Windows Workstation' filters
- Workaround; manually add these OS Clients to the desired filters
- Clone the default filters if needed to add them
- Compliance Events may not be properly reflected;
- This may affect the Patch Management Compliance by Bulletin, Computer and Update Reports.
- If this is present; the update is confirmed installed by working through KM: TECH167291, then run the updated Views and review Compliance Reports
- May need to implement the custom Inventory, Dataclass and Report attached to the KM: Custom_RebootRequired_Inventory_Dataclass_Report.zip
- These operating systems are not supported in older versions of ITMS / Patch Management Solution.