By default, task history for the Symantec Management Agent (SMA) is kept for the tasks from last 90 days. You can configure that period for the 7.5 SMA by adding a new key to the Windows Registry on the managed computer.
To configure the agent's task history purging period:
- On the managed computer, start the registry editor.
- In the registry editor, on the left pane, click HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > Software > Altiris > Altiris Agent > Task Management.
- In the right pane, right-click a blank area, and then click New > DWORD Value.
- Rename the new value to HistoryKeepDays, and then right-click it, and then click Modify....
- In the Edit String window, in the Value data box, enter the purging period in days.
Note: The purging period can be set to 0. If you set the DWORD value to 0, the task history is not kept.