The following explains how to use Software Management Solution to distribute profiles to Apple Macintosh computers. A package is required, as well as the correct command line.
Following is a simple overview of the process:
- Create the profile on a Mac using the Apple approved methods, such as Apple Configurator.
- Transfer the resulting profile file to the NS or make it available for importing to the NS if using the console remotely.
- Create a software delivery package that contains only the profile. Create a software resource, import the package using the setting 'access package from directory on the Notification Server'.
- Using the name of the profile file, add an installation command line of:
profiles -I -F ./ProfileName.mobileconfig
- Create a Software Management policy to distribute the package.
Note: In ITMS 7.5 - 8.1, profile installation only works on system profiles. Ensure the policy is configured to run as the Symantec Agent admin credentials. More information can be found in TECH246782.