How can I add .NET Framework 3.5 as a prerequisite to my installation?
- From Installation Expert > Release Definition > Build Options, from the .EXE options select Single file .EXE (with MSI inside).
- From Installation Expert > Release Definition > Prerequisites page select the Add button.
- From the File Path, browse out to the location of the dotNetFx35.exe
- In the Command Line: enter a valid command line option (optional)
- Click OK.
- Click the Edit Script button.
- You will see a message "You are about to edit the WiseScript that is generated to install the prerequisites. If you edit the WiseScript, the ability to add or edit files on the Prerequistes page is disabled. Do you want to continue?" Click Yes.
- This will create a Save dialog to save the MSI. Browse out to a location and name the file you wish to save. Click Save.
- You should now see a WiseScript with the same name you saved the MSI in step 8, open. (See the sample in the attached .zip file.)
- Add a Get Registry Key Value Action to look in the registry to see if .NET Framework 3.5 is installed. Enter a name in the Variable Name field. For the Default value, this is the value you want it to return to the variable if it is not found.
- Locate the Install File action that installs .NET Framework 3.5.
- Highlight the line above it. Add an IF Statement:
IF Varible (from step 10) Equals the Value (enter the Default Value from step 10)
- Click OK.
- Add an End Statement after the Install file action that installs .NET Framework 3.5.
- Save and Compile the WSE.
See the attached sample WiseScript.