You would like to move your existing configuration from one Control Center to another.
- You must backup and restore on the same version (including build number) of the appliance.
- You must install the new Control Center with the same role as the old Control Center. (in other words if the existing Control Center was a Control Center / Scanner combo, the new Control Center must be the same)
To Perform the Backup:
- Go to (Administration -> Version -> Backup -> "Backup now") and select "Full Backup"
- Select "Store backup on server"
- Click "Backup Now"
To Move the Backup off the box:
- Go to (Administration -> Version -> Restore/Download)
- Select the backup you want and click "Download"
To Perform the Restore (on the new VM):
- Go to (Administration -> Version -> Restore/Download) and select "Upload a backup file from your local computer"
- Browse to the backup file.
- Click "Restore".
Reference: Settings that are not preserved when restoring a backup