To enable and use all of the MDM features in Symantec App Center, you must upload an MDM Certificate that establishes a trusted relationship between Symantec App Center and the managed iOS devices in your environment. Depending on your instantiation of App Center, the MDM certification process is slightly different.
The workflows for both cases, proceed as follows:
1. In the Symantec App Center Admin Console, go to Downloads, select iOS MDM CSR, and then click Download.
1a. On-premise only: If you have an On-premise instance of Symantec App Center, email the MDM CSR, along with your name, a contact phone number, and the name of your company to: [email protected]. Symantec will return your validated MDM CSR. After you receive the MDM CSR from Symantec, proceed with Step 2.
2. Go to the Apple Push Certificates Portal at: https://identity.apple.com/pushcert and sign in with your Apple ID
3. On the portal home page, click Create a Certificate.
4. When prompted, browse to and select the MDM CSR you generated in Step 1 (SaaS) or Step 1a (On-premise), and then click Upload.
5. When the page refreshes, click Download to retrieve your MDM Certificate.
6. In the App Center Admin Console, go to Settings > Apple iOS / Certificates > MDM Certificate and click Upload New.
7. Select the MDM Certificate you downloaded in Step 5 and then click Save.
The MDM Certificate is now in place and you can enable MDM functionality in Symantec App Center.
See: Enabling mobile device management (MDM) in Symantec App Center at: http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO83803
Note: There are other certificates associated with iOS that you may need to provide to App Center or Apple. For more information, see the article, Managing the iOS certificates used by Symantec App Center at: http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO83806.