How do I modify registry settings using Deployment Solution?
- Create a Filename.reg file with the registry setting you want and place it in a location on the Deployment Solution Server’s eXpress share. In this example, the REGMODIFY folder was created and placed the file at:
- Create a batch file similar to the following. You will need to modify the file to meet you specific needs.
Important: DeploymentServer needs to be replaced with the name of your Deployment Server. Filename needs to be replaced with the filename of the .reg file you want to deploy.
net use n: \\DeploymentServer\express\REGMODIFY /persistent:no
copy n:\Filename.reg c:\altiris_TEMP\REGMODIFY\
net use n: /delete
regedit.exe /s Filename.reg
rmdir C:\Altiris_TEMP /s /q
Note: The batch file will:
- Create a C:\Altiris_TEMP\REGMODIFY\ folder.
- Map the N drive to the Deployment Server’s express share’s \REGMODIFY folder.
- Copy the Filename.reg file from the Deployment Server to C:\Altiris_TEMP\REGMODIFY folder on the computer.
- Remove the mapping of N.
- Use Regedit with the Filename.reg to modify the computer’s registry.
- Remove the C:\Altiris_TEMP folder, subfolder (REGMODIFY), and files from the computer
Important:Test the batch file with .reg file on a test computer and make sure you get the results you want before deploying it to your production environment.
- Place the batch file in a location on the Deployment Server’s eXpress share. In this case study, I placed the file at:
- In the Deployment Console, create a new job by right-clicking in the Jobs pane and clicking New Job.
- Enter a descriptive name for the job. In this example, “REGMODIFY” was used.
- Click the Add button and select Run Script.The Run Script page appears.
- Click the Run the script from file option and enter the path and file name of the script to run. In this case study, I placed the batch file at:
- Click the Next button.The next page appears.
- In the Client Run Environment section, Script options sub-section, in the Script Window field, select Hidden.
- Click the Finish button.The Job Properties window appears.
- Click OK to close the window.
- Drag and drop the job onto the computer or collection of computers you want to modify.
Use reg add Here