How do I exclude packages being sent to a computer that has low disk space on the hard drive?
Currently there a couple of ways to ensure that packages are not sent to a computer with lower than 500 MB free disk space.
- Look at the registry setting “Min Disk Free Space.” This can be found in the registry at \\My Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Altiris\Communications\Package Delivery\Min Disk Free Space (Mbytes). As a default, this is set to (500). Change this to the desired MB size and clients won’t download to any computer without the specific size free.
- Also a filter can be created on any collection to check for computers with more than 500 MB free. This can be done by creating a new collection (Collection > Computer Collections > highlight My Collection, right-click and choose New > Collection) or by right-clicking an existing collection and clicking Edit Collection.
- On the collection page, click the Query button and click Resource Type: Computer.
- Click No Filters.
- Click New Filter on the next screen.
- Type: Inv_AeX_HW_Disk Space_Usage
Field: Total Free
Operator: < (greater than)
- Click OK.
- Click OK.