What are the recommended steps to repair CMDB Solution 6.5?
The information in this article only applies to CMDB Solution 6.5. The recommended steps are as follows:
- Either run the following steps physically logged on to the server or, if using RDP to connect remotely, ensure that you are connected to the Terminal Services Session 0, using 'mstsc.exe /console'. Additionally, best practice is to log on as the Altiris Application Identity account when installing or repairing a solution.
- Click on the Windows Start button > Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs.
- Find and select Altiris CMDB Solution.
- Click on the Change button.
- Click on the Repair option then click on the next two Next buttons.
- Wait for the installation process to completely finish and exit. Note: Repairing (as well as updating or reinstalling) CMDB and Asset Management may take a long time, and appear to have stopped. If the installation stays at the same place for more than two hours, either some other issue is occurring, or, the database is very large and/or may need maintenance performed.
- Repair the Connector Solution 6.5 hotfix KB41359 if it was installed before the repair. This is listed as 'Altiris Data Connector 6.5 Update (KB41359)'. If this is not present, skip this step.
- If "Altiris Asset Management Solution" is present, also repair it and its hotfixes. Refer to the following related article for instructions on how to do this: 6.5, follow the steps outlined in article 35204, "What are the recommended steps to Repair or Modify Asset Management Solution 6.5?", to repair Asset Management and its hotfixes.
Note: The repair instructions
After upgrading Notification Server to R13, using Asset Management or CMDB result in errors