How can I create a new Deployment Database (like eXpress)?
Note: Custom groups and jobs will not be included in the new Deployment Database. Connected computers that have the Deployment Agent (AClient) installed on them will start appearing in the new database automatically.
- On the Deployment Server computer, run:
- When the Welcome page appears, read the information and click Next.
- The Select Components page appears; select eXpress Database (optional, you may also want to select Sample Events for Server) and click Next.
- When the SQL Server Login User ID page appears, keep the default and click Next.
- When the SQL Server Login Password page appears, keep the default and click Next.
- When the SQL Server Database Name page appears, enter a meaningful name, not “eXpress”, and click Next.
- A command windows appears. Let the processing complete and the window close.
- When the Setup Complete page appears, click Finish.
- Restart the following services by clicking Start > Run, entering “services.msc”, selecting the service and, in the right column, clicking the Restart link in the Restart the service entry. Allow the following services to restart:
- Altiris Deployment Server DB Management
- Altiris Deployment Server Data Manager
- Altiris eXpress Server
- Open the Windows "Administrative Tools" called "Data Sources (ODBC)" --> System DSN tab --> highlight "Altiris eXpress Database" --> click "Configure" button --> click "Next" to the third screen where you can confirm that the ODBC connection is set to use your new database. On the last window, click the "Test Data Source" button to confirm a good connection.
- Open the Deployment Console.
The Deployment Console will now use the new database. Connected computers that already have the Deployment Agent (AClient) installed will start appearing in the Deployment Console.