How do I rebuild the Index File?
There are different reasons why you would need to rebuild an index file:
- Error: Could Not Create Index File
- Performance issues with Software Manager
- Moving the Wise Share Point
- When trying to recompile a WSI package it looks for the files under [Sharepoint]\projects\projectName\000\001
To rebuild the index file follow these instructions:
- Open Software Manager
- Select Network Index Properties from the Setup menu option. The Network Index Properties dialog appears
- Make sure the Index Location points to your Wise Software Repository Share Point
- In the Storage Paths field make sure the Server location points to your active Share Point.
- Under the Rebuild Index Settings populate this with the Share Point or the location where the source files reside. (Leave this blank if you are rebuilding the index file for performance issues)
- In the Block Size field, increase the number to increase the performance level.
- In the Hash Table Size field, increase the number to increase the performance level.
- Under the Method Field select one of the following choices:
- Rebuild using existing index file (not corrupt):
Select this option, if the rebuild is to enhance the performance level.
- Rebuild using file/directory structure:
Select this option, if the rebuild is to correct corruption and not all of the applications are imported into Software Manager (recommended).
- Rebuild using database data:
Select this option, if the rebuild is to correct corruption and all the applications that need to be reindexed are in the Software Manager
- Select Build.
Note: This rebuild may take a long time to process and rebuild, depending on the size of the Wise Share Point. The size of the Wise Share Point increases as you add applications, files, etc.
Once the rebuild is complete you are then able to import and distribute your applications without error.