Work through the following to implement a custom Automation / Notification Policy to advise that the Import Patch Data for Windows has failed.
1. Create a Custom Task to send an email:
- Go to Console > Manage > Jobs and Tasks > System Jobs and Tasks > Notification Server > Automation Policy Tasks
- Right-click the Automation Policy Tasks > New > Task
- Scroll down in the popup window
- Select "Send E-mail" on the left hand pane
- Define a suitable name for this task. Fill in the e-mail information.
- Input the following into the body of the email:
- Make other modifications to the 'To:' 'CC:' 'BCC:' 'Subject' and 'Advanced' button fields as desired.
- click "OK" to save the task.
2. Create a custom Automation Policy:
- Go to Console > Manage > Automation Policies
- Select 'New policy' > Name new policy 'PMImport Failed'
- Adjust the 'Schedule' as desire
- Edit the 'Details' as follows
- Data Source: Click on the Dropdown selector
- Select 'Raw SQL Query'
- Click on the link titled 'Edit Query'
- Copy the attached SQL Script into the 'Parameterised Query' tab
- No other changes are necessary in this selector
- Select 'OK'
- Note: May select a report to pull from: Select Report in the drop down and use the Report Selector to input that item. (See 'Optional Step' to create a custom report for this)
- Actions: Run job/task: Click on the link titled 'Select a Job or Task...'
- Drill down to Jobs and Tasks > System Jobs and Tasks > Notification Server > Automation Policy Tasks
- Select 'Send automated report e-mail'
- Drill down to Jobs and Tasks > System Jobs and Tasks > Notification Server > Custom Automation Policy Task
- Select the custom e-mail task created from Step 1
- Click "OK"
- Select "Edit input parameter"
- Under the Data Source for RESULTS
- Click OK and save the changes.
- May now test automation policy
3. Create a custom report for this to view (Optional)
- Go to Console > Reports > All Reports
- Highlight / Right-click on 'Reports' main folder in the left pane
- Select New > Report > SQL Report
- Delete the contents of the 'Parameterised Query' tab
- Input the attached SQL Script into this field
- Name: 'Import Failure: Displays the results onlyu if Import failed to run'
- Save Changes
- Run Report