This article describes how to configure Protection Center network settings, several best practices and known issues.
You can configure network settings such as IPv4, IPv6, and their DNS settings through the Protection Center interface or through the Protection Center control panel. Protection Center must have an IPv4 address configured, but configuring the IPv6 address is optional. When you configure the network settings, you must specify a static IP address.
Note: Protection Center does not support dynamic IP addresses. For information about IP settings and the DNS settings that you can use, contact your IT administrator.
Before you start to configure Protection Center network settings, you should check for the following:
You can specify the network settings through the Protection Center interface.
To specify the network settings through the Protection Center interface:
1. Log in to Protection Center.
2. On the Admin > Settings, click Network.
3. In the Network Settings page, specify the appropriate information.
4. Click Save Changes.
Note: For more information, refer to the description of network settings fields in the Symantec Protection Center User Guide.
You can also configure the network settings through the Protection Center control panel.
To specify network settings through the Protection Center control panel:
1. When using a virtual appliance, connect to Protection Center appliance with the vSphere Client.
2. Log in to Protection Center with SPC_Admin account.
3. In the Protection Center control panel, do one of the following:
|To specify the IPv4 network settings||Under IPv4 Network Settings, click Enter IPv4 Network Settings.|
|To specify the IPv6 network settings||Under IPv6 Network Settings, click Enter IPv6 Network Settings.|
4. In the Enter IPv4 Network Settings dialog box or Enter IPv6 Network Settings dialog box, click one of the following:
|Do Not Configure IPv6||
No IPv6 address is configured for Protection Center. Any existing configuration settings are disabled.
This option is available only in the Enter IPv6 Network Settings dialog box.
Use The Following
|An IPv4 address or IPv6 address (whichever is appropriate) is configured for Protection Center using the specified settings.|
5. Enter the appropriate IP address settings and DNS settings.
6. Click OK.
Note: In some scenarios you might be unable to access Protection Center on the network. For example, an incorrect IP address, subnet mask, or gateway information might be specified when Protection Center is configured through the Protection Center interface. Configuration problems such as these can be resolved through the Protection Center control panel.