There are multiple methods to direct a ULM client to a different notification server.
- On the old NS/SMP server, browse to the agent targeted settings screen and click on the 'Advanced' tab. Enter url of the new NS/SMP server. If the new NS/SMP server has a newer version of the agent than what is currently installed on the client, the computer resource will fall into the agent upgrade filter and upgrade automatically.
- Run the following command from a shell prompt on the client computer: “sudo aex-helper agent -s “Notification Servers” Server-1 <newservername>”.
- Manually edit the /opt/Altiris/notification/nsagent/etc/client.conf file and change the 'Server-1' value to the resolvable name of the new NS/SMP server. Then restart the agent: “sudo aex-helper agent restart”.
- Run the ‘aex-configure -iconfigure’ utility and specify the name of the server at the first prompt.
- Use the shell scripts provided in the related KB articles, below.
Note that any of the options involving client command lines can be added to a SWD task.